Are you offended if you receive a gift that is used?
We have all likely re-gifted gifts that we have received that we will never use. As long as you do not give it back to someone who gave it to you, there should be no problem. Sometimes, people buy us things that we just do not like, or they do not know us well. Those are the things that may feel so impersonal. But what if someone gives you something that they purchased at a thrift store, with your likes or hobbies in mind? Or they have something that was something that was theirs that they decide to give to you, no matter how small or large, because it means something special to them, as they pass it along to you? Would this offend you? Or warm your heart?
1. If it is not new, do not bother giving it to me.
2. If serious thought goes into the gift, I do not care if it were purchased at a secondhand store.
3. I enjoy it when someone gives me something that was theirs, when it holds special meaning to them.
4. Both numbers 2 and 3 are true for me.
5. I prefer something new, but handmade by the giver.
6. I do not like to receive gifts because I feel obligated to give something back.
7. Other, Please explain in comment section.