10 ways to entertain your toddler
I have two children myself and i remember how tiring those toddler years were, not to say it gets any easier lol, they are still hard work , just in a different sort of way.
These are a few ways i used to entertain my girls when they were toddlers, around aged 1 to 3 years of age.
- Give a toddler two pots, lids and a wooden spoon and they will be entertained for ages, you may want to take some painkillers though for the headache you may get lol.
- sit them in a large bucket of plastic storage box filled with shallow warm water and bubble bath, add some bath toys.
- Pretend to be a horse, a dog, a cow and let them ride on your back as you make animal noises.
- Blow bubbles then try to get your toddler to do the same, they will have fun catching the bubbles, make sure they dont eat too much solution though lol.
- If they have a favourite cartoon character - pretend to be that character so try to act and sound like him or her.
- Simply just pretend to fall over, over and over again, most toddlers find this hilarious.
- Teach them a song or game that involves actions, like incy wincy spider and peekaboo.
- Build a big tower of bricks/blocks and hear them laugh in delight as they knock it all down.
- Put them on some reins and take them to explore in the park or feed the ducks.
- If all else fails try to rotate their toys, only put out 3 or 4 toys for your toddler to play with at a time, then in a few days time put out 3 or 4 different toys and put the others away, toddlers will be excited with the freshness of the new toys. Number 10 was my most used tip when my children were young, i had a telephone toy box, whenever i was on the phone they would turn into little devils, hyperactive and thinking they could get away with all sorts of behaviour, so the way i dealt with that was to buy a few different toys and activities that they were only allowed to play with when i was on the phone. It worked.