Walking the most effective and enjoyable exercise (Opinion)
When I was younger, I had a different idea of exercise . To me exercising was anything that involved a lot of movement, running and sweating .
I would play in any team sport I could find ( soccer, basketball, volleyball ) , and was so happy when I found martial arts. I competed in Taekwondo tournaments for 12 years or so. But as soon as I enter the workforce, I stopped practicing any kind of sport.
Fast Forward 20+ years to the present time, I now find that walking is my favorite physical activity . A lot more enjoyable than I thought at first.
And here are a few reasons why I think walking is the best exercise for me at this time:
- I can go for a walk anywhere
- I don't need any special equipment, just some walking shoes
- I get to enjoy nature and the its sounds, smells and colors
- I get to greet all kinds of people from little kids to grownups to seniors.
- I can take my little daughter along once in a while
- I don't have any Personal Best to break
- It is relaxing and helps clear my mind
- I have little risk to sustain any injury, unless I am very distracted...
- And best of all, it is considered a great cardio workout
Do you have a favorite sport you practice? What is your favorite form of exercise?
© Original content by NBaquero 2014
Image Credit » http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Wandering_Hyde_Park_(6604667149).jpg