How FAR Can You See? A Friend Said, "To California"
I have a friend whom I haven't see in a while who used to say the most startling things. I'm not sure if he was kidding, or just didn't realize what he was saying. Here are a couple of them:
- Bacon is a low fat food, because you COOK OUT all the fat before you eat it.
- A baby isn't a soul until you cut the mother's umbilical cord.
Well, I was with him on one occasion when he told a stranger:
"You know, the eyes are an amazing thing. If it wasn't for the mountains, you could see California!"
Now keep in mind, we were in Virginia. Thousands of miles away. And keep in mind, Earth is round.
So just how far could you see if:
- Earth was completely round and smooth, without mountains or trees.
- The atmosphere was dust and smog-free absolutely invisible.
- Our eyes were absolutely flawless?
Want to know? Then please read my brief article:
Image Credit » Pixabay https://pixabay.com/en/golden-gate-bridge-san-francisco-388917/