Don't You Hate Store Upgrades?
Frankly, I get sick and tired of store upgrades. Why?
For a number of reasons...
- Some of the upgrades are frivolous.
- The store layout is usually changed, so it takes longer to shop.
- The update is not for the customer's benefit.
- Stock is affected. Some items may be unavailable during the upgrade.
- The cost of the upgrade is inevitably passed on to YOU.
I just visited our grocery, which is in the process of an upgrade. Freezers were removed and relocated (adding to the cost of renovation needlessly). The store's a mess. Items are not where they once were. Stock is questionable. Prices are rising. And it won't make a bit of difference to store quality.
The coup-de-gras was a purchase I made on an $8.99 item that was still $8.99. So I paid and left.
Then I realized they charged me $9.99. That would have been 11 percent tax or so. Something was wrong! I looked at the printout and read they charged only 50 cents. The item, as rung up, was $9.49. They had raised the price but not listed the new price on the shelf.
Where you agree or not, I hate store upgrades!
Image Credit » Pixabay https://pixabay.com/en/shopping-supermarket-merchandising-1232944/