Do You Know Anyone Ruined Through Stock Purchases Made Before the Great Depression?
There's no better tree to "climb" than the family tree. Have you tried it?
If you do, and you are the researcher, you will learn how to play detective. You will be surprised at every turn by what you find. To illustrate...
In researching mine and some friends, I've come across...
- Two murderers
- A newspaper publisher
- A silversmith
- A clock and watchmaker
- A state boundary line surveyor
- A founder of a Chamber of Commerce
- A railroad executive on the Board of Directors
- A family member with an Alias
- Participants in almost every war, including the War of 1812
- A soldier under Napoleon
Here's my latest, a man born into a well-to-do family that went to West Point, "married well", became a millionaire, lived a rosy life, and died most tragically. Read about that, in the QuirkyScience article, Edward Villeroy Stockham: Lost in the Masquerade .
Image Credit » Bagdad Copper Mine Stock