Overcoming MS by George Jelinek
I found an interesting article in the new book by George Jelinek called overcoming M.S. and in it he recommends following these seven steps:
Step 1 - Eat well
Step 2 Get enough sun and vitamin D
The OMS diet is based on rigorous analysis of the best available evidence.
- A plant-based whole food diet is the optimal diet for human health.
- Adding seafood to a plant-based whole food diet adds additional benefit for people with MS.
- Becoming an expert on what is actually in your food can have great health benefits.
- Flaxseed oil is preferred to fish oil for omega-3 supplementation, right from the beginning of the diet.
- High salt intake is best avoided for people with MS.
Eat in moderation:
Avocado, olives, nuts & seeds, oily fish, alcohol (two standard drinks a day, at least two alcohol-free days a week.
Dairy products, meat, egg yolks, commercial cakes, most fast foods, margarine, foods fried in oil, palm oil, vegetable oil, coconut products.
- Step 3 - Exercise regularly
- Step 4 - Meditate and use the mind-body connection
- Step 5 - Take medication if needed
- Step 7 - Change your life, for life
My husband and I have already started following the OMS diet and it seems to work well. We have also started asking questions in the Forum and I will also be attending the OMS Retreat to be celebrated in November this year.
Image Credit »