By in Personal

Writing and walking and sorting and sleeping

Having survived Trial by Mother-in-Law on Sunday, I returned to work yesterday for my last day in the secretaries' office, I had been told.

I made it to the end of the day in one piece and was then shooed out of the room by my Operations Manager. I shifted everything downstairs and crawled home rather gratefully. Mr C decided that stir fry was the order of the day for supper so I stopped at the store and bought some, together with the strongest sauce I could find due to his heavy cold still making everything taste of cardboard.

Shortly after supper, I fell into bed and slept as if someone had hit me on the head rather violently.

Today I was back in my own office, so I was able to catch up on a few things. I a while from level to level as I sorted out and delivered, picked up and carried back items of various kinds. Among other tasks, I formatted a policy into the modern layout and contacted a fellow admin in search of some minutes for my audit submission. During the day I caught up with the secretary whose role I was filling while she was off sick, talked to her colleague and the departmental boss as well, plus hearing all the goss from my colleagues in the department.

Mr C extracted me from the office at 4pm on the dot and we came straight home before he retired upstairs with the end of his cold (and backache) and left me puttering around downstairs with sales, and a pile of bedding, aka recycling.

Tonight I've two articles and discussed another, and generally been a busy little bee.

Having just enjoyed supper I am about ready for bed in a few minutes. That's the bit.

Image Credit »

You will need an account to comment - feel free to register or login.


MegL wrote on December 8, 2015, 5:02 PM

Trial by mother in law can be pretty awful. My (then future) mil was not impressed with me because (a) I came from 500 miles away and she didn't want her precious son leaving her and (b) I wasn't brought up to do housework so I lived in a "little palace". We managed to rub along eventually and now i wish she were still here. emoticon :sad:

DWDavisRSL wrote on December 8, 2015, 5:24 PM

I love that expression, Trial by Mother In Law. My TML lasted 14 years, which is how long my MIL lived with us after we got married until she passed away. Thankfully, she and I got on very well, often better then she and my wife did.

wolfgirl569 wrote on December 8, 2015, 6:08 PM

Sounds like a good day and hope you sleep good tonight

RuthCox wrote on December 11, 2015, 10:19 AM

Seems as though you had a busy and productive day, good for you. The stir fry with heavy sauce sounds good. I had a cold last week and nothing tasted right for me either.

markgraham wrote on December 11, 2015, 10:50 AM

Mother in laws are very 'special' people. You either like them or not. That depends on them.