Will this become a new tradition?
- Who : Three people--CAL, BCB, and RGD
- What : Giving Thanks for Friends Dinner
- When : December 4th Time: 4:00 p.m.
- Where : At my friend's (BCB) apartment in Tacoma
- Why : To celebrate true friendships around a dinner table on a day that is just any other day to most people
- The menu : Roasted chicken (from Costco); skinny-mashed potatoes (BCB); gravy (CAL); butternut squash (CAL); green bean casserole (RGD); fresh cranberry sauce (CAL); green salad (Costco); German marble cake (BCB); pumpkin bread (CAL).
* * * * * * * * * * * *
BCB and I shared our disappointment about what holiday get-togethers have become, when we spoke this morning. We talked of "expectations." I shared with her the blog post I wrote on Thanksgiving morning-- When Thanksgiving Day Changes.
Then she said, "Coral! What are you doing on Friday? What if we have a small holiday dinner at my place, where we sit at a table and eat dinner together, and be thankful for our friendship?"
That is how it started. From a question I asked in my article to her questions, and a few minutes of planning. She and I will meet at Costco around noon to buy anything we do need.
I am going to talk her into having a cheap Costco hot dog lunch with me before we go shopping.
Copyright © 2015 Coral Levang
Image Credit » https://pixabay.com/en/chicken-roasted-chicken-food-meat-875268/ by lauryann