10 Months After the Original Mystery Freezer Meal Stories
I did not leave my townhouse today, though I did get dressed. I have to admit that I napped off and on today. However, I did get some things done.
One thing that I needed to do was inventory what I have in my freezer. I added things to the freezer before I left so I did not come home to food that needed to be thrown away, so I had some things that needed for me to tend to them. As I rearranged everything, I found some things that I could assemble into some meals for the week.
- Cooked chicken breast, onion, corn tortillas, and shredded cheddar cheese from the freezer became a stacked chicken enchilada casserole with the addition of a can of enchilada sauce from the pantry. It is in the refrigerator ready to bake later.
- Sicilian sausage links, sweet peppers, and small cherry tomatoes from the freezer were added to a pot with fresh onion and garlic saute in a bit of olive oil. With the addition of a can of tomato puree and dried basil, it is a flavorful pasta sauce for later.
- An uncooked small Asian meatloaf (turkey-based) was combined with two Thai Turkey burgers. They were made into small meatballs and baked in the oven. Back in the freezer, they can now be used for a variety of things, including adding to chicken broth for a soup starter .
Once again, I have seemed to collect enough food to last a life time, as was the case in January, when I wrote about my Mystery Freezer Dinners ( click link to read more ).
The biggest difference is that everything that is in my freezer right now is not a mystery, so I know exactly what each container or package holds.
* * * * * * * * * * * *
For more recipe concoctions with the food I found in my freezer, you may want to check out these articles:
- Mystery Freezer Dinner 2 Started with a Bit of Fish
- More Mystery Meals and Still Saving $$$
- First Apple Pie in More than 20 Years
- Sunday's Lazy Day of Frugal Cooking
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
© 2015 Coral Levang
Image Credit » https://pixabay.com/en/supermarket-fridge-produce-food-949912/ by kpgolfpro