Attracting and Keeping New Members
Any site thrives when it has an active community with new members coming aboard on a regular basis. Persona Paper is no different. As a member here who enjoys this site and the community, I want to do what I can as one individual to help the site thrive. When Persona Paper does well as a site, we all win, both in the interactions here and in eventual earning potential.
Attracting New Members to Persona Paper
It goes without saying that the larger the membership numbers -- and the activity of those members -- are the life blood of this site or any site like it. So how do we attract folks to sign on here?
- Make use of social media to promote our own and/or others quality posts
- Make use of social media to promote our referral links and invite others to join
- Make personal appeals to those we know who may be interested in writing here
- Be upfront about the earning potential so no one comes here with the expectations of getting rich quickly.
- Promote the strong sense of community here
Retaining New Members on Persona Paper
We do have new members joining all the time, right now at a trickle, but still they are coming. One of the issues we have as a site, though, is that many people join but don't stay active after their introductory post. What can we do as a community to interact with and encourage newcomers to keep coming back?
- Check the Member List each time we visit here.
- Take a few moments to read the introductory posts of new members and leave a comment. (It must be discouraging to be met with a wall of silence to first post(s))
- Add new members to our "Follow" lists
- A suggestion I have would be to establish an informal "Welcome Committee" of a number of folks who would ensure new members are greeted warmly.
I'd like to hear your thoughts on these issues and any suggestions you may have. I'd also appreciate feedback on the "Welcome Committee" idea. We all benefit by increasing the membership and the activity here, so brainstorming seems to be in order.
Image Credit » https://pixabay.com/en/welcome-sign-garden-sign-760358/ by rebeck96