Saturday Noon Rambles
So that I can let go of some of my brain activity, I am going to attempt a quick "word vomit" in order to try to sort some other things that require my attention. Forgive me for any lack of cohesiveness or topics of interest.
- I never did make it to the farmers' market this morning for the berries, and will not get to another in time for them.
- The divorce is now final . The judge stated that she "went through it all with a fine-toothed comb" and she made her ruling, putting some things in the order that were surprising. It was meant to send a message. The "other" party will not be stopped by orders, and has already violated within 24-hours one small one. It will be up to my daughter to not let up, but she just wants it all to stop. Unfortunately, idealism is a difficult "-ism" to let go of when the reality of the world (and others around us) continues to slap us out of it. At some point, she has to don her armor and climb on the warrior's steed.
- My nephew's second soccer game is today. I will not be going, but Uncle RGD will go. It is over an hour drive for me, and I cannot make it today. I will try next Saturday.
- I have to get DVDs back to the libraries in two counties. I am planning to drive to the one to drop it off so there are no fines imposed. I also have have seasons two of both Scandal and Homeland awaiting my pick-up from the local library.
- This week is RGD's surgery. He seems to be in better spirits, and is finally joking around. I know it is not easy, but he will get through this.
- I had plans to start my "sorting project," but, as I began writing this, my daughter called. She sounds like she has been (figuratively) beaten up already today. ( She really needs some positive thoughts, energy and prayers for her to deal with these next few years. ) That she would call me shows that she is changing a bit. Her pattern over the last two decades has not been to reach out. I am glad to see that we are beginning a new chapter as parent-child to adult-adult. We are going to talk in a little while to see if we can figure something out to spend a little time together today or tomorrow. We are well-over an hour apart in distance, but this is time to try to make it happen.
- I am officially over the halfway mark to my second payout. It has taken me fewer than eight weeks to arrive. If I choose to keep up my current pace, it is possible (though not likely) for me to have my third payment by the end of the year. Interesting to think about, but not sure I want to fire up the after-burners to do so.
So these are my brain's ramblings for today. I have things yet to write, but not convinced that I have time to do so this weekend. I need to shower so I am ready to receive my daughter's call.
Have a great weekend, wherever you are!
* * * * * * * * * * * *
Copyright © 2015 - Coral Levang - All Rights Reserved
* * * * * * * * * * * *
Coins: 6670, $10.01, 50%
Coins earned daily: Sept. 18th--129
Image Credit » https://pixabay.com/en/mother-child-sculpture-fig-family-589730/ by CPinoB