As a non-smoker, it is my belief that nicotine is a selfish drug.
Not only does it demand regular, expensive satisfaction, it is highly addictive, poisonous and robs humans of their ability to enjoy a long and healthy life. It causes them to break laws designed to protect others and permits them to pollute the atmosphere and their surroundings.
There is no other explanation for the behavior exhibited by some smokers.
- They smoke in places where it is forbidden, including the grounds of hospitals which treat people with respiratory disease.
- They smoke in enclosed spaces, such as cars, forcing everyone else in the same enclosed space to breathe their smoke.
- They smoke near children, exposing them to the harmful effects of passive smoking.
- They smoke in bus shelters, which exposes everyone to the harmful effects of passive smoking.
- The cigarette ends are a litter menace, attaching themselves to shoes and blowing around in the wind.
- The same cigarette ends cause fires in grassland, forest and homes when discarded unsafely or dropped.
This is why nicotine is a selfish drug.
Image Credit » https://pixabay.com/en/i-you-we-group-silhouette-human-67355/ by geralt