On another note- Returning Shows of Fall 2015
Earlier this morning I wrote about the new shows that will be popping up this fall on television, I thought it was only fair to write about the returning shows for this fall. Now I am not writing about all the shows that are retruning. Not only would that take quite a bit of time, I am not interested in the majority of shows on television.
However there is a small cluster of shows that I am excited about coming back, and if not excited by, at least intrigued enough to see where the show goes this coming season.
- 'Doctor Who'- This is a given. If you have paid attention to my writing, especialy in the Movies and TV section, you have seen that I like Doctor Who. Okay like is probably an understatement, love is more fitting. I am beyond ready for this show to be back on air, and to see where Clara Oswald, the Twelfth Doctor and the blue box that is bigger on the inside end up this year. This is the only BBC or UK Television show that I watch on a regular basis, but it is also one of very few shows that I follow not only the show but the news surrounding it as much as I do. If I'm not mistaken this show comes back on September 19th. This will be the 9th series/season since the reboot with the Ninth Doctor- played by Christopher Eccleston.
- 'The Big Bang Theory'- I used to watch this show every week, but haven't since the seventh season. I watched enough last season to kind of know where things lay. I read a few wesbites over the past couple od fays that had interviews with the shows creators and producers and apparently this season will kick off with Penny and Leonard finally walking down the aisle. This will be the ninth season of this comedy centered around four geeky guys and the women in their lives. It will also be interesting to see where Sheldon and Amy go after breaking up last season.
- 'The Middle'- I don't think this show gets nearly as much attention as it should. I have loved this show since the beginning, and it has a hilarious cast. This will be the seventh season, and after the heartbreak of Sue breaking up with Darren last season- it will fun to see her grow into a adult and maybe stray farther from her comfortable little bubble at home. If you're looking for a tell it like it is, family comedy, check this one out.
- 'The Goldbergs'- I'll admit I am not a faithful watcher of this show, but it's a good one to watch if you need a pick me up or a laugh. I actually didn't know it was coming back this season until I saw it in the listings the other day. It's about a family in the eighties, and how those experiences shaped the narrators life and himself into the man he is today. Pretty funny stuff.
- 'Grey's Anatomy'- I am a fan of Grey's as you probably know if you've read my past posts. I am especially a fan of the earlier seasons. However they are about to start the twelfth season of this drama. I have a feeling this season won't be as good as past seasons. I only caught three episodes of last season and while it was still intriguing enough, it wasn't the same show. It for sure won't be the same show with Patrick Dempsey's character Derek Shepard around, as he died at the end of last season. But that is something that Grey's has always been good at- killing people off. It's been rumored that there will be two more seasons, so the show will last until at least the 13th season. I included this show on my list of the shows coming back that are of interest to me, because I will at least watch the first episode and see how they deal with the loss of PD.
- 'Mom'- This show is actually pretty funny. It's about a single mom, and her kids and her mom. Both the main character and her mother are both recovering addcts. It follows their sometimes rocky relationship, as well as relationships with her kids, and others on the show. It's a pretty funny show, but has hit on some series subjects in the past two seasons. This will be the start of season three.
- 'Last Man Standing'- Tim Allen. What more is there to say. The man is a comedic genius. I know not everyone will agree with that statement. But I have grown up with his television shows and movies, therefor I have always been a big fan of his. This show is about a man who has three daughters and a wife, and is very firm in his beliefs about politics, guns and America in general. But don't let that fool you, it's still funny. Reminiscent of Home Improvement but still very much it's own show. This will be the fifth season of this show.
So there you have it. The shows that I am actually really looking forward to this year. The most anticipated one for me of courst is DoctorWho , I have been scouring the interwebs looking for clues to the next season, and the pictures alone look pretty exciting.
If you are looking for shows that are worth watching, I suggest checking out at least an episode of each of these. All of them except The Goldbergs and BBT and Mom were on Netflix the last time I checked. They are also all on Hulu as far as I know.
Image Credit » https://pixabay.com/en/wild-outdoors-landscape-nature-865296/ by Unsplash