10 Very Random Things About Me
I love writing these 'about me' lists, and have compiled a number of them over the years. A modified version of this one was originally published on Bubblews in May 2013.
10. I wanted to be a dentist when I was three years old. I have no idea why, because as an adult, the idea is utterly unappealing to me.
9. My favorite book as a little kid was called "George the Baby-sitter." I *very* randomly came across a copy of that very same title at a library book sale a few years ago. I hadn't thought of it in 20 years and bought it for 50 cents.
8. I love crunching on ice.
7. I enjoy gardening. Last year, I didn't plant anything, but wound up with a volunteer tomato plant with a central root that was bigger than both of my fists put together.
6. I've driven coast-to-coast more than once.
5. My daughter has all of my old Baby-sitters Club books. And she likes them, too.
4. I like exploring new places but don't like travelling to get there. I find being on a plane to be extremely tedious.
3. I like court TV shows. My kids do not.
2. The smell of alcohol is enough to make me tipsy.
1. I have a daughter and three sons. My second child, the oldest of my boys, died of cancer at age 5. I miss him every single minute of every single day and sometimes I think my heart will never fully recover. My kids are a huge part of my life and having one missing is painful beyond words.