By in Personal

Sort of Getting Back To The Grind…

...And I say “sort of” because the job board is still empty. I did receive three assignments from my regular client, and I took an assignment from another client (so hopefully that goes well).

I had my wisdom tooth surgically removed on Friday. He had some trouble grabbing it and stitching it, all because my mouth is too small. He was successful of course, but told me he had to put more pressure on it than the last time he surgically removed one (which was two years ago; the two upper teeth were just pulled). My mouth and face were numb, which felt weird. The numbness eventually wore off and well...that sucked. :( I forced myself to eat a Gogurt (yogurt that you can pretty much drink) and took a pain pill (he prescribed medication). I went upstairs to lay down for a bit.

My Mom came up a while after and let me know that WWE Legend "Rowdy" Roddy Piper had passed away. They'll probably do the 10-bell solute and tribute video(s) tonight. I have been a fan of Piper since I was a little kid, and I met him back in 2008. He was super nice. I'm going to miss the Hot Rod, that's for sure. :(

I didn't do much of anything on Saturday. I was still in pain. It wasn't enough to knock me out of commission, but I still didn't feel like doing anything. I just lounged around the house, jumped online, etc. It was okay, I knew I would wind up having a lazy day due to the pain in my gum.

I went to the craft store and Target yesterday. I picked up some decorative tape for my Randy Orton sign (for his autograph signing and the actual WWE events). I also picked up some food/snacks that I can eat until my gum heals. My gum was hurting bad enough to need the medication (which I don't take unless it really hurts), so I took a pill and went to lay down for a while. Once I got up, I ate some tomato soup and worked on my Randy Orton sign, and then I went to bed.

I am working on those few assignments today, watching WWE Raw and hitting the hay. We have not had the munchkin since Thursday, but we get him back tomorrow for a few hours.

I'm going to get back to work, and I will try to post something tomorrow. You all have a good day and take care.

Image Credit » by markusspiske

You will need an account to comment - feel free to register or login.


lexiconlover wrote on August 3, 2015, 4:43 PM

I wish you were able to be around more, I enjoy reading your posts. I hope you feel better. I went through about four years where my wisdom teeth would come through and then receed. They finally stopped. I hope you start feeling better soon.

MegL wrote on August 3, 2015, 6:10 PM

Having a wisdom tooth out is pretty sore. I had one out 40 years ago. It took 3 lots of local anaesthetic and a hammer and chisel!! I couldn't open my mouth properly for 3 days, so it was soup and mashed veg for me.

cheri wrote on August 4, 2015, 10:48 PM

I am hoping that you get enough time to be ehre just like what you used to.

ViperGirl85 wrote on August 8, 2015, 10:39 PM

Thanks. I do what I can, but I cannot always be on here every day. I'm glad your wisdom teeth don't bother you anymore, and mine doesn't hurt as much as it did. I get the stitches out in a few days.

ViperGirl85 wrote on August 8, 2015, 10:41 PM

Oh man. Yeah it hurt to even chew for a few days, but I'm starting to get back to being able to eat normally again.

ViperGirl85 wrote on August 8, 2015, 10:41 PM

I may be able to in a few months, but I don't know right now. I'm gonna have to play it by ear.