Progress Update 1: My 4 1/2 Day Challenge
In One Hundred a Day? Are You Crazy? I shared my Birthday goal here at Persona Paper. It may seem a bit lofty, but it is really something that I would like to have to celebrate a milestone in a few weeks.
In order for me to stay focused I set mini-goals, which some may find equally as lofty, but it works for me to keep me looking forward.
It has been 22 hours since setting my end-of-month goals: To reach 10,400 coins by 11:59 p.m. PDT on June 30th. I set a writing goal of 25 new entries from that declaration.
So, nearly 24 hours later, I sit at 10,134 coins, and this is my ninth article.
With goal-setting, it is important to assess whether one is on-track with their efforts and adapt, where necessary. So, in doing so, this is how I break it down:
- There are nine 12-hour periods in the goal period.
- To increase by 400 coins by goal-end, it would mean I would need 45 coins each 12-hour period.
- To accomplish the writing goal of 25, I must submit 2 to 3 each period (2.78 actually).
To measure my progress over the last (nearly) 24 hours, I simply do the math:
- Two 12-hour periods times 45 equals 90 coins. I am at 134, thus far, so am one period ahead of goal.
- Two periods times 2.78 articles equals 5.56. This is my ninth, so I am well-ahead there, as well.
This type of analysis might drive some crazy, but it shows me exactly where I am, so I do not have to feel guilty should I decide to go take a walk, go to the library, go grocery shopping, or anything else I want to do to work life out, including writing.
Step-by-step, we can do what we put our minds to whatever we want to accomplish.
© Copyright 2015 - Coral Levang. All Rights Reserved.
Image Credit » https://pixabay.com/en/blogging-blogger-office-business-336376/ by Unsplash