Finally Getting it Done
Just under 2 months ago I wrote about a dilemma I was having in my life. I asked for your opinions about getting eye surgery, or saving that money for a down payment on a house.
I have finally made my decision.
I will be having eye surgery in August.
A lot of factors played into my decision.
1) I absolutely hate my contacts, and I can not go out in public in my glasses.
- Some people may think my glasses thing is dumb (I know my dad does) but I can not even express to you the anxiety I feel even thinking about having to go out in public wearing them. So I thought of a good real life example for you: A few years ago I got super sick. For 5 days I was in pain, walked hunched over. I still managed to go to school (college) during those days, I don't really know how. But on the night of the 5th day, I got REALLY bad. In fact it was so bad I had to go to the hospital, and my parents were going to take me there. I could barely stand at that point. But while I waited for my parents what did I do....I all but dragged myself to my room to put my contacts in so I wouldn't have to go to the hospital in my glasses. It turns out I had an enlarged AND ruptured appendix. And I completely understand that this issue i have with my glasses is a mental thing, but I can't help that.
- I literally have nightmares (annoying not scary) about my contact lenses all the time. And I hate having to deal with them now (I loved them before because they saved me from having to wear glasses at school growing up) but now I hate them!
2) As soon as I finally get this over with I will no longer have the dilemma and stress thinking about do I spend the money on surgery or a house? Once it's done I can finally just save up the money like I wanted, with no future expenses getting in the way!
3) I was able to find a place that does the surgery quite a bit cheaper than before. It's still a lot, but it'll save me about $500!
4) I can not tell you how great it will be to wake up and IMMEDIATELY be able to see! That's something I think a lot of people take for granted...
*So I am taking time off work in the month of August to get this taken care of, and then I will feel more free!
Photo Courtesy Of: Pixaby
Image Credit » http://pixabay.com/en/eye-eyelashes-face-woman-211610/ by Giuliamar