The Worst Thing About Holidays - part 2
So, we've established that arriving somewhere in the early hours of the morning is not fun.
Dealing with a mountain of laundry after an enjoyable holiday is not much fun either.
Generally, my supposed 'day off' after returning home in the aforementioned small hours consists of:
- hanging out or tumble drying freshly washed items depending on how urgently they are required
- sweeping the floors to clear up the bits which inevitably arrive with luggage (mud, leaves etc)
- cleaning the bathroom after however long away, because even if I leave it clean it still needs another going over - dust falls no matter how busy I am
- dealing with appointments, bills, callbacks and other household organization
- normally, booking an ironing collection to take account of the amount of laundry ongoing
- tidying up the kitchen, conservatory and front room, where we usually dump everything when we stagger in
- sorting the drifts of clothing which always seem to festoon the bedroom (new, worn, awaiting repair and so on)
- clearing the contents of the car boot/trunk and replacing what needs to stay in there
- replenishing my travel go-to bag (which contains useful things like antibiotics, plasters, various feminine hygiene products, makeup and deodorent)
- preparing my rucksack and myself for work
- packing up any eBay sales that have occurred during my absence and printing mailing labels for them
Needless to say I don't get much time to sit and reflect upon the nature of the universe on a day like that...
Image Credit » https://pixabay.com/en/street-road-horizon-endless-238458/ by RyanMcGuire