By in Random

Poison Of Choice

I did mention in my earlier post that I ordered breakfast. I usually prefer to prepare my own food but this morning was an exception. I woke up late as I had a bit too much to drink last night. Went out with friends for a drinking session to celebrate a friend's birthday. Work days be d@mn! LOL!

Aside from the food I had for breakfast and lunch, I've been drinking lots of water and cold aloe juice. I'm trying to flush all that alcohol I consumed last night. My poison of choice was tequila. Our group of seven must have downed five bottles. I had a good time, if I could remember what happened half of the night/early morning. LOL!

Oh well. It doesn't happen often. So my fellow PPers, what's your poison of choice? Plus, how do you deal with a hangover?


Image Credit » http://pixabay.com/en/bottle-glass-toxic-skull-deadly-576905/ by OpenClips

You will need an account to comment - feel free to register or login.

Comments

valmnz wrote on April 13, 2015, 12:51 AM

Lol, you sound like our son in the weekend after a farewell with his friends! My poison of choice is New Zealand white wine, but two glasses, or maybe three at a stretch, at a time is enough thank you emoticon :smile:

lookatdesktop wrote on April 13, 2015, 1:15 AM

Used to be Guinness stout or Heineken before I gave it up. Some of my friends prefer Jack Daniels or Shiner Bock.

KSmith84 wrote on April 13, 2015, 1:45 AM

I used to have a poison: tequila, but then I got married and had 3 kids so no more drink for me. I do however remember munching a greasy burger and fries the next day. That always made me feel better.

UmiNoor wrote on April 13, 2015, 2:23 AM

No poison for me, thank you. My religion forbids drinking alcohol. However, I often wonder what it's like to have a hangover. Is it very bad (or good, perhaps)? How do you get over it?

MegL wrote on April 13, 2015, 2:37 AM

I don't have one. I used to take a social drink when I was younger but having seen the effects it causes on some people, I just gave it up. Also, once I had small children, there was always the possibility of having to drive to the hospital in the middle of the night and I couldn't do that if I had had a drink.

crowntower wrote on April 13, 2015, 4:07 AM

If you were to ask me, I rather don't poison myself but live fully with good memories that don't risk my health to the max. We can enjoy life with much better meaning and ways, than drinking too hard even though it is just occasionally. Lol! Did I rebuke you a little? Heheheh growing up teach me a lot.

inertia4 wrote on April 13, 2015, 6:23 AM

allen0187 Well my poison of choice is beer mainly. But I do love those Johnny Walker Blue chasers with it. It always enhances the beer.

Carmelanirel wrote on April 13, 2015, 7:36 AM

I usually like a glass of red wine, but for the harder stuff, I like rum and preferrably in coffee, so I guess unless I drink quite a lot, I wouldn't get a hangover. However, on occasion I do end up drinking a lot, I learned a way to avoid a hangover. For every glass or bottle I drink, I drink a glass or bottle of water. I learned this from a friend because hangovers are caused by dehydtation, so if you were to drink water in between, you still get the "buzz" without and pain later on.

LeaPea2417 wrote on April 13, 2015, 10:16 AM

I like an occasional beer, wine or margarita. I have never really drunk so much that I have gotten drunk. Thank goodness.

trufflehunter wrote on April 13, 2015, 3:44 PM

Err... coffee? Kidding but I can't drink alcohol without turning into a lobster, so I avoid it although I like beer.

WordChazer wrote on April 13, 2015, 5:35 PM

My poison of choice is white wine. I have developed the ability to drink a bottle of same on a Saturday night if left to my own devices. My chazer is at least a pint of water overnight, then a hearty breakfast with at least 2 pints of tea. Either a full English (eggs, bacon, sausage, mushrooms, beans, hash browns) or an egg and bacon sandwich and crisps/chips or something else savory. Yesterday I spent an hour or so in the garden so I have eaten like a horse today. Just as well as one of my DJ friends presented his fortnightly radio show earlier, which involved much chatroom action and altogether too much wine! Followed up with a spicy chili mix, that makes me feel mellow and sleepy now. Hope your morning-after-the-night-before was worth it. I have a boss'o'clock meeting tomorrow (8a-10a). My tea mug is clean and ready...

WordChazer wrote on April 13, 2015, 5:45 PM

Sometimes I wish I didn't have a poison too. A hangover is rarely pleasant, unless you have the ability to sleep through it. Getting over it usually involves drinking water or Lucozade and eating lots of stodgy food like burgers, bacon, sausages and bread. Also carbohydrates including waffles, potato wedges, more bread, rice and chips. Eggs are always good, as are baked beans and mushrooms in my experience.

UmiNoor wrote on April 13, 2015, 8:53 PM

I guess the pleasure comes from when you were drinking. It's the morning after that is unpleasant. But then people seldom remember the morning after and will go after the pleasurable moments. But if you drink moderately, do you still get a hangover? But I figure moderate drinking won't be as pleasurable as drinking excessively especially in the company of friends.

WordChazer wrote on April 14, 2015, 2:44 PM

Moderate drinking doesn't cause a hangover but can still lead to weight gain when pursued regularly.