Justice for all in China?
Thank you scheng1 for your inspiration. Wanted to leave a comment at your post but my remarks went over 500 characters because you really provoked some thoughts in my mind. So here are my comments provided below.
* * *
Making prisoners do work?
- I'm perfectly OK with this.
The Great Wall of China was built by criminals.
- I did not know that. That's an awful lot of criminals! ALL criminals? Sure?
- I don't dislike many of the reforms Chairman Mao implemented. That does not make any less an American patriot. (Although some folks may think so.)
A bill for bullets?
- It's not fair that family should pay for crimes they did NOT commit. Are you blaming them if a family member took a wrong turn ON THEIR OWN?? That is unjust.
In modern day China, prisoners work to pay for food and shelter in jail.
- Again … I am totally OK with this. It's a labor force which is not the same as "forced labor".
Miscarriage of justice?
- Sadly, many justice systems around the world miscarry justice. I dare say – some of the systems have no justice at all!! Not OK with it. But it happens all the time!! In the USA, such acts are sometimes labeled “official oppression”. (That's if the official gets caught!)
* * *
Image Credit » http://pixabay.com/en/great-wall-of-china-defensive-walls-186136/ by AWFG_Berlin