30-Day Song Challenge, Day 17 - A Song that You Hear Often on the Radio
A song I hear a lot on the radio--and wish I didn't--is "FourFive Seconds" by Rihanna with Kanye West and Paul McCartney. I don't care for the song, for so many reasons. Here are the ones I can think of at the moment:
- Kanye West cannot sing. He's a good rapper, but he cannot sing. And he persists in thinking he can. My ears, I miss them.
- Paul McCartney CAN sing. So what does he get to do on this track? Play guitar.
- The title of the song doesn't even make any sense. Is it supposed to be 45 seconds, or four or five seconds? Rihanna apparently can't muster that one extra syllable that would solve the mystery.
- McCartney, a freaking music LEGEND, gets third billing behind these two dorks, and their fans think Kanye DISCOVERED Paul McCartney. Make that SIR Paul McCartney. Oy.
- Last but not least, the song's just boring. The only reason it's getting overplayed is the names attached, and plenty of money for promotion.
On a happier note, Taylor Swift's new song, "Style", is finally replacing "Blank Space" which was actually an okay song; it just got played too much. I like the new one pretty well.
You don't want to hear "FourFive Seconds". Here, listen to the Taylor Swift song.
Here's the last one, in case you missed it!
Image Credit » http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Paul_McCartney_BBC_Electric_Proms.jpg