My son really is the "One and Only." He is our only child, he is my parents' only grandchild, and he is the only nephew to my brother and sister.
The "One and Only" is getting married in December. He and his fiance, Katie, have planned a beautiful wedding. I am looking forward to this wonderful event, but I am not looking forward to becoming a weeping mass of jelly at their wedding. I do not want to be a source of embarrassment, therefore I must have a plan in place.
To stem a flood of tears, I can:
1. Look upward and blink both eyes rapidly.
2. Bite the inside of my cheek.
3. Take sips of water. Hard to cry while sipping
4. Bring my thumb and index finger as close together as possible without letting them touch.
5 Take deep breaths.
6. Keep my eyes wide open.
7. Bite my lips.
8. Keep my tongue pressed against the roof of my mouth.
9. Think about something dumb and unrelated. A joke perhaps: "What did zero say to 8? Nice belt."
I can do this!
Image Credit » http://pixabay.com/en/wedding-wedding-ring-church-322034/ by kgorz