Why I like E-Books even though I swore I never would
Years ago I wrote a blog about how I preferred regular books over e-books. It included facts like an actual book is easier to hold (and bring in the bathtub without too much worry). Yet now it is 2015 and I pretty much only read E-Books. Yep I've learned not only to like them, but to love them! Here are some reasons E-Books are great...
- Freebies galore - this is the best reason. I signed up for BookBub which emails me daily about free / discounted books. I have since downloaded 100s of free books and read a lot of them... I have enough saved up to read all day if I wanted!
- Cheap books - even if they aren't free, E-Books are always cheaper than real books. A real hard cover book that I used to buy would be anywhere from $15-30. The same books as e-books can be anywhere from Free-$10, with 10 being for the best / most popular books
- More variety - because of the free and cheap books, I end up reading a LOT more variety. Before I used to have a few favorite authors and that was all I ever read. Now I have so much variety on my phone that I don't even care who wrote it as long as it's good.
- Can read it anywhere - yes you can also bring a book anywhere, but I am more likely to have my phone with me all the time. Or I can read it on the PC, or on my iPad, or anything that has a Kindle App.
- There's always a light on - The biggest trouble with books is that they are hard to read in bad lighting, or in bed. With an e-book the light comes from the phone itself so the light is always on and bright enough to read.
- It remembers where I left off - No bookmarks needed! Any device I open the book on knows exactly what page I was on.
- You can still get Library books! - I just learned this and saved myself even more money. Libraries have a website now that let's you borrow E-books :)
Those are plenty of good reasons, maybe you have more. I still have a lot of hardcover and softcover books in my bookshelves, but I don't plan to really buy anymore. Now that I joined a bookclub, I'm finding e-books to be the easiest way to keep up with the books I need to read AND save money.
What do you prefer? E-Books or Regular books or how about Books on Tape?
Image Credit » Kindle App Icon