By in Random

What a Busy Day!

After about an hour of my morning routines on the computer, I packed up my laptop and camera and left for the Templeton house to process those orders that had to go out today. I couldn't put everything in my computer case because of the weight limitation (I can still only carry ten pounds), so I put the adapter and mouse in a different sack with some papers I needed to take and the already packaged merchandise that needed the shipping labels I couldn't print on Saturday. On the way over, I stopped to make a bank deposit.

When I got everything set up at the other house, I called tech support and he helped me get back into the program and we made sure the labels got printed. I still can't send out my delivery confirmation emails because I don't have an email program installed on that computer – I've been accessing my accounts from the server. I installed at the technician's suggestion, but still don't have it set up. I want all email to stay on the server, and only want to be able to send email from Thunderbird, not download it.

After paying a few bills, I packed everything up again to take home. I had a short snack (it was already 3:30) and decided to get some photos of a favorite vineyard / tasting room on the way back. There is a great view from there, I hadn't walked yet, and the sky was clear.

When I was ready to turn into the driveway to the parking lot it was blocked off. It's closed because it was sold. I parked on the street and walked around anyway. Some of the vines were being ripped out and the lovely garden looked winter brown. I hope the new owners won't let it die. The deserted tasting room with the empty parking lot just looked sad. I also walked a bit on the winery road by the vineyard to photograph where they are taking the vines out. Did I mention it had rained for two days before today? My shoes got so muddy I felt like they were platform shoes. Fortunately they still had chairs outside where I could sit and clean my shoes off with a stick to get into the car.

On the way back home to Paso Robles, I dropped the mail off at the post office and when I got home, I was ready to drop myself. I had a quick snack to get enough energy to fix something to eat. Then I made a pizza after a bit of rest. Now after eating I am energetic enough to be back at work on my computer.

Tomorrow I see the neurosurgeon again after I get another X-ray in the morning. Then I'll know if anymore restrictions will be lifted.

The photo shows the deserted Veris tasting room. I wonder how it will look when the new owners reopen it.

Pictures and content are original and may not be used without permission, B. Radisavljevic, Copyright 201 5 , All Rights Reserved

Image Credit » I took the photo.

You will need an account to comment - feel free to register or login.


OldRoadsOnceTraveled wrote on February 10, 2015, 12:43 AM

I hope the bookselling business is resuming after taking so much time off. It's been a rainy, dreary day here. I made the mistake of starting to read. The next thing I knew, it was nearly getting dark and I hadn't got the mail or fed the neighbor cats yet. So much for getting anything done today!

bestwriter wrote on February 10, 2015, 1:04 AM

You wrote in one of your posts that you had countless books for sale. I notice you are already at it. Good you received orders.

BarbRad wrote on February 10, 2015, 1:33 AM

I may actually go to bed before midnight tonight. I'm tired and I have a really big day tomorrow. Our rain is over for a while. It's supposed to be in the 80's the rest of this week and it was bright and sunny today.

BarbRad wrote on February 10, 2015, 1:35 AM

I wasn't really ready to get back in the action but an email inquiry caused me to put my books back on line. The person who inquired didn't buy anything, but two others did. It still quite a production to process the orders, though.

bestwriter wrote on February 10, 2015, 1:46 AM

The ball is set rolling. Keep it up emoticon :cool:

crowntower wrote on February 10, 2015, 4:51 AM

What orders? But the way you describe your day, I think you are having a great daily routine. I want to do the same thing a productive day out. I also has a place where I come very often but gladly it wasn't close. If I have a camera of my own I will take pictures of the places I've been. But al I have is a secondhand smart phone with camera on it and the battery died down after a few shots. LoL!

BeadDoodler wrote on February 10, 2015, 7:37 AM

Sounds like you had a busy day. I really miss being able to be active enough during the day to feel tired in the evening. I keep finding excuses not to walk, too windy, too hot, too cold but I do walk as much as I'm able, just to keep my muscles from atrophying.

Gina145 wrote on February 10, 2015, 9:40 AM

That building is beautiful. I hope the new owners don't ruin it.

Ellis wrote on February 10, 2015, 9:47 AM

Fingers crossed for good news after your x-ray!

BarbRad wrote on February 10, 2015, 12:26 PM

I'm sorry your smart phone camera died. If I didn't have a camera I'd feel I was missing a good part of my joy in life. But I don't have a smart phone.

BarbRad wrote on February 10, 2015, 12:28 PM

Walking is important if one is physically able. I think I overdid yesterday and I feel lousy today. I'll be lucky if I can get through the day at this rate. i wish I did not have to get into a car at all.

WordChazer wrote on February 10, 2015, 2:22 PM

Hope they will keep it as a vineyard/tasting room. That looks a lovely place to sit and sip.

inertia4 wrote on February 10, 2015, 7:23 PM

BarbRad Sounds like you had a busy day. And you take wonderful pictures. That is a nice little building. Too bad the place is sold. Like you said, I hope they keep up with the place. It would be a shame if it went down hill.

BarbRad wrote on February 11, 2015, 1:43 AM

They would have to be crazy to ruin it. It's a historic building, but not officially designated as one

BarbRad wrote on February 11, 2015, 1:43 AM

Got it. See latest post.

BarbRad wrote on February 11, 2015, 1:45 AM

It is, especially from spring to fall when the rose garden is in full bloom. It was bought by another winery, so I expect the tasting room and patio will be back in service. It will probably have a different spirit about it though, with different owners. I see how much Eagle Castle changed under new ownership this year.

BarbRad wrote on February 11, 2015, 1:47 AM

I think once the new owner get their permit and get any intended remodeling done it will look nice again, but just different. I'm wondering if they will paint it.

Gina145 wrote on February 11, 2015, 7:39 AM

In South Africa nobody seems to care about historic buildings. Wonderful buildings have been demolished and replaced by monstrosities :(

BarbRad wrote on February 11, 2015, 8:19 PM

That's a shame.

inertia4 wrote on February 12, 2015, 8:37 PM

BarbRad It would be ashamed to have it turn ugly also. I think they might make it nice or nicer actually.