Subway Discount Voucher Book
The latest Subway discount voucher book's just dropped through my door. Usually these go straight in the bin, but today I thought I'd look through and see what Subway deals and offers are available. This discount voucher book is valid until 30 April 2015 and the nearest Subway to me is about 8-10 miles from me, so not a great start!
So, what's in there that could tempt me into Subway? What do I think of their offers, price aside.
- Buy a 6 inch sub and get another 6 inch sub free. Well, one's enough, I'd be the size of a planet if I ate two - and it'd be hard to save one for later as it'd keep calling my name.
- Two dine for £6.99. Two 6-inch subs, two 16oz drinks, two cookies. Well, there's only one of me - and the further offer to upgrade to 2 footlongs for £9.99 won't change that either.
- 6 inch Sub Meal Deal for £3.49. 6-inch sub, 16oz dispensed drink, a cookie or crisps. Well, that's a deal that I could use if pushed to. I'd choose the crisps as they've got a longer shelf life than a cookie.
- Add Free Chorizo to a sub or salad. Great if you like chorizo. Not sure if I'd want that or not, depends what sub flavour I chose.
- A footlong for £3.99. Now, a footlong sub is huge, so I'd be cutting that in half. This makes a better money saving offer than the single 6" sub at £3.49 as you're effectively getting a second sub for £0.50. But it's a poor deal when compared to the BOGOF offer.
- Footlong meal deal for £4.99. One footlong, 16oz dispensed drink and a cookie or crisps. This is way too much meal really. I'd pass on this.
- Three footlongs for £10.99. Well, that's huge. As I couldn't eat one footlong, I won't be buying three!
- Two dine for £6.99. Two 6-inch subs, two 16oz drinks, two cookies. Well, there's still only one of me!
- Bacon Sub and a Drink with beechwood smoked back bacon - £2. Not a fan of bacon at all.
So, this Subway voucher book ended up a bit of a damp squib for me. If I had to choose the best deal at Subway from that lot it'd have to be the first one, the BOGOF Subway Deal.
Why don't just just sell stuff cheaper without all these deals and confusing offers?? If everything was £2 they'd have queues out of the door every day!
Image Credit » My photo, taken with my camera