22 More Random Things About Me
Earlier, I posted 22 random things about me . Here are 22 more, in no particular order except as they occur to me.
1. I was born in Orlando, Florida, but that was before Dumbo and Goofy.
2. I don't remember ever not wanting to be a writer.
3. I never planned on becoming a piano teacher.
4. I really don't remember exactly how I became a piano teacher. I remember being offered a job teaching at a piano store to replace a friend who had the position before me, but I don't remember the actual details of acquiring the first few private students I had, which were my nieces, my cousin, and a family friend.
5. I began teaching piano when I was 16 (I think). I was either 17 or almost 17 when I started teaching at the piano store.
6. I still teach piano lessons.
7. I was a Recording Industry Management major in college.
8. "Recording Industry Management" has nothing to do with teaching piano lessons.
9. The closest thing to a "real job" I've ever had was working in a music store.
10. The only thing that actually resembles a "real job" that I've ever had was doing clerical work as an intern at the Nashville Music Association, but that doesn't count because (a) nothing in the music industry constitutes a "real job", and (b) I worked for free.
11. I really don't want a real job, although I really wouldn't mind having a real paycheck.
12. I wanted to get a second degree in Historic Preservation after my degree in Recording Industry Management.
13. Historic Preservation has nothing to do with Recording Industry Management.
14. After one semester, I got homesick, came home, and started teaching piano lessons again.
15. I crochet but I can't knit.
16. I wish I had asked my mother to teach me how to sew.
17. I wished I had asked my mother to teach me how to cook.
18. My favorite actor is Mark Harmon.
19. My first celebrity crush was either David Cassidy or Speed Racer. I don't remember which came first.
20. I am a history geek.
21. The first time I felt like a "real" writer was not when I submitted my first article for publication, but that, on the day I submitted my first article for publication, I discovered Oxford comma cartoons on Facebook.
22. Give me a really good Oxford comma joke, and I will laugh until I cry.
(c) 2013 by Debbi Craton. May not be used without permission. All rights reserved.
Adapted from a post originally published on Bubblews 10/15/2013 and removed 1/1/2015.
Image Credit » Photo (c) 2013 Debbi Craton. May not be used without permission. All rights reserved.