Baking Valentine Cookies For Festive Seasons
Valentine’s Day will be in a month’s time; 14 February to be exact and this year, it will be a double happiness occasion for us Malaysians and Singaporeans who celebrates Chinese New Year on 19th February.
Since Valentine’s Day and Chinese New Year almos bump into each other, I am planning to bake the Valentine’s Day cookie for these double festive seasons.
I am a die hard fan of baking homemade cookies which I learned from scratch, nobody taught me. So, it was numerous failure attempts that had taught myself to use the right ingredients and method to bake delicious, sweet, melt-in the mouth cookies.
Valentine cookie isn’t hard to bake. All you need are the basic ingredients:
- Self raising flour or plain flour
- Baking powder ( if you use plain flour )
- Almond powder
- Corn flour
- Egg yolk
- Vanilla essence
- White baking chocolate
- Pink baking chocolate
- Firstly, cream the butter and sugar until creamy.
- Then add in egg yolk with vanilla essence. Mix them well.
- Next, incorporate sieved dry ingredients ( flour and powder )
- If the batter turns out damp, chill in the fridge to make it firm.
- If the batter turns out slightly stiff, you can now stamp out the heart shape cookie cutter.
- Bake for 20 minutes
- The last part is to double boil individual baking chocolate and glaze onto each of the cookie.
Try baking these Valentine cookies and let me know how was your baking experience
Copyright by peachpurple
Please share article but Don't COPY.
Don't copy and paste my drawings and photos.
Image Credit » my own photo, peachpurple