By in Humor

Devil of a Time During the Bathroom Break

I know that we all feel lucky to have a job, but still complain about being over-worked. So, it's only natural to look forward to our coffee breaks, lunch and the all-important restroom break. Except for those folks in a certain San Diego California office building.

A very unlucky woman went to use a restroom on the 2nd floor of the office building where she worked. She was about to discover what a devilish adventure using a public bathroom can be. She felt that the water level in the toilet bowl was higher than normal and wanting to avoid any potential unpleasantness, she went ahead all on her own and took a plunger to that touchy toilet! I guess the water level subsided because out popped a snake!

Yes, a snake. It turned out to be a 5 1/2 foot long snake which hissed and flicked it's tongue at the fix-it lady. She did run out however and was said to tape the door shut. Someone called Animal Control Services and they'll see to the well-being of the snake. I say, what about the well-being of that poor woman? Good thing she did use a plunger, or else this story may have been more widely reported. Had it been me, it would have been an irony that I would have needed a new pair of underwear for what I might have done upon seeing that snake since being in that bathroom to use that toilet was not an option.

There is an old Turkish Proverb that says, "When you see a snake, never mind where he came from". I suggest we amend that to add a new ending...When you see a snake, never mind where he came from and run like hell as fast as you can!


Image Credit » My Own Photo Image

You will need an account to comment - feel free to register or login.

Comments

Oceanblue wrote on January 9, 2015, 4:28 PM

How scary to have a snake. I live in the desert and am always on the look out but am quite scared if I find one.

Glenn wrote on January 9, 2015, 8:48 PM

It all depends on where you find a snake. Here on Long Island, NY, there are no poisonous snakes. So if you see one, you're safe. But the snake may not be. Interesting story though. She must have really been shocked!

k2705 wrote on January 10, 2015, 4:30 PM

That's scary, the outcome could have been a lot worse had she not used the plunger.

OnlyErin6 wrote on January 19, 2015, 5:13 PM

Yikes! I heard about that happening in Australia in someone's bathroom at home. I think I would just die on the spot. I don't do reptiles.