Ways to Save Money While Shopping
I have come to realize that living today is very expensive (at least in the United States). I use multiple tools to help me save money while buying things that we need almost all the time. Oh okay I also use some of these tools to buy things we don't need - just want also.
I get a Sunday paper every Saturday. I go through the coupon section and cut out all the coupons that we will use. I have a small organizer that I use to keep the coupons in so they are just laying around the house. I then go through the sales flyers to compare what is on sale to what I have coupons for. It is amazing to me how much money you can save by doing just this little trick. I also have found out what store will double coupons to get the most out of the coupon.
I use quite a few apps.
1. The first app I use is Shopkicks . This app gives you different "kicks" for walking into stores. Yes it is that easy. You can also can items with your phone for additional "kicks". You can trade those "kicks" in for gift card codes. I have done this often. Here is a link for my referral if you want to try it out: http:get.shopkick.com/virginia299992
2. The second app I use is one called Receiptpal . Once you have made a purchase you just scan in your receipts using the camera on your phone. They give you points which can be traded in for Amazon gift card codes.
3. Next is an app called ReceiptHog . It is the same basis as Receiptpal except the receipts can only be from grocery and drug stores. You can either get Amazon gift codes or payments sent to a paypal account.
4. I also use the app called Checkout51 . Each week they offer money back to you if you purchase certain items. I can say that a gallon of milk is almost always on the list. You check off what you purchased and then scan in your receipt as proof of purchase. I believe once you get to $30 you can cash out and have the money sent to you.
5. SavingsStar is another app similar to Checkout 51. The one difference I see is that if you register your grocery store cards and then purchase the items each week at one of those stores you don't have to upload a receipt. Again there is a minimal amount you must reach before cashing out.
These are just a few of the things I do to save money while providing our family with the necessities. As I think of others I will post in another post.