UEFA Champions League Round of 16
The group phase of this year's UEFA Champions League has just ended last week and the final sixteen teams are now defined.
Just looking at the list of those qualified teams, it is clear that this edition will be fought, one more time, by representatives of the most dominant leagues of the moment, that is England (with 3 representatives Chelsea, Manchester City and Arsenal), Germany (with four representatives Bayern Munich, Bayern Leverkusen, Borussia Dormund and Schalke 04) and Spain (with three representatives Barcelona, Atletico de Madrid and Real Madrid). Those three countries take ten spots of the last sixteen. In contrast Italy has only one team Juventus, on this round, somewhat strange for what used to be one of the top world leagues.
As usual Real Madrid, Barcelona FC, Bayern Munich and Chelsea FC look like the strongest teams and heavy favorites to win the championship, but can not forget other great squads such as Paris Saint-Germain and Atletico de Madrid .
The draw for the Round of 16th, took place today and has defined the following series, which will be played between February 17th and March 18th, 2015:
- Paris Saint-Germain (FRA) vs. Chelsea FC (ENG)
- FC Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR) vs. FC Bayern München (GER)
- FC Schalke 04 (GER) vs. Real Madrid CF (SPA)
- FC Basel 1893(SUI) vs. FC Porto (POR)
- Manchester City FC (ENG) vs. FC Barcelona (SPA)
- Juventus (ITA) vs Borussia Dortmund (GER)
- Bayern 04 Leverkusen(GER) vs Club Atlético de Madrid (SPA)
- Arsenal FC (ENG) vs AS Monaco FC (FRA)
What are you favorites to make to the Quarter Finals? Any surprises you would like to see?
© Original content by NBaquero 2014
Source: Round of 16 Draw information from UEFA.com
Image Credit » http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:UEFA_-_Champions_League.png#file