How to make people like you
• Become authentically interested in other people. “If we want to make friends, let’s put ourselves out to do things for other people – things that require time, energy, selflessness and attention.”
• Smile – “A man/woman without a smiling face must not open a shop. Your smile is a messenger of your good will. Your smile brightens the lives of all who see it. Your smile is like the sun breaking through shady clouds.”
• Remember that a person’s name is to that person – the sweetest and most important sound in any language. “The name sets the person a part; it makes him or her distinctive among all others. We should be aware of the magic contained in a name and realize that this single item is wholly and entirely owned by the person with whom we are dealing…………and anybody else.”
• Be a good listener – “Encourage others to talk about themselves. So if you aspire to be a good communicator, be a conscientious listener. To be motivating, be involved. Ask questions that other persons will enjoy answering. Encourage them to talk about themselves and their achievement.”
• Talk in terms of the other person’s interest – “The royal road to a person’s heart is to talk about the things he or she treasures most.”
• Make the other person feel important and do it sincerely. “The deepest principle in human nature is the longing to be cherished. Finally Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”
Image Credit » www.gopixpic.com
scheng1 wrote on December 6, 2014, 9:03 AM
Some people appear friendly but they are not really interested in lasting friendship.
chavangigeoffrey wrote on December 6, 2014, 9:11 AM
sure scheng1 but we should device ways and means of enticing them to like us!