My Body Is Sending Signals that I May Need Major Surgery
Since 1985 I've been told by doctors that I may need major neck surgery . At that time, after consulting specialists, my neurologist in Thousand Oaks said that since my condition was only revealed by the MRI and I was not having any symptoms, he would not advice surgery, but I should keep having the situation monitored.
In the past three weeks I have had specialists in three different fields of medicine say they think I need to be evaluated by the neurosurgeon I saw a year ago April. My MRI taken then is very scary. My neurologist here doesn't understand why I can still walk. But the surgeon said back then I didn't appear to be having symptoms and he would like to hold off until I do.
My internist, EENT doctor, and my podiatrist who did my foot surgery this April think I may finally be manifesting symptoms in my head, neck, left wrist, and left foot. This is because of a bone spur impinging on my spinal cord's space. If it gets worse, and it's not treated in time, I could be paralized. I would not like that to happen. The EENT doctor freaked out when he saw the MRI and he showed it to me. He's the one who made the referral back to the surgeon. He thought the problems I was referred to him fror weren't allergies, but symptoms from the neck.
I see the neurosurgeon on October 6. I'm hoping before then I can get all my hubs ready to make some residual income if I have to be gone a long time. I think there is a long recovery period. We are also trying to do everything necessary from our end to get escrow on the Ventura property closed as scheduled. Meanwhile, life keeps bringing us more projects to do.
So if you notice a decrease in my activity here, you know the reason why. I barely have time to sleep as it is, and both houses are rather falling apart because I don't have time to keep at the sorting projects. Although Hubby would like to move back home, I think I still need more time here to get ready for being even more limited in what I can do.
My internist believes it's time to get the neurosurgery over with, since I'm not getting any younger and I won't be able to do it at all if I'm not in good health. There's also the issue of medical insurace and what limitations may be placed on Medicare coverage for these operations in the future. So though I don't like it, it appears I may have to do it anyway. I just hope it's not urgent enough that I may have to miss my nephew's wedding on October 18.
Pictures and content are original and may not be used without permission, B. Radisavljevic, Copyright 2014, All Rights Reserved
Photo is of the MRI machine that took the pictures the doctors are freaking out over.
Image Credit » I took the photo