Baby shower tips
Planning for a baby shower is a breeze. It shouldn't be a source of stress for the organizers or the expectant mother because there should be an atmosphere of good vibrations, ALWAYS. Here are some helpful tips to maintain an air of lightness and pure enjoyment.
1. Baby showers are usually organized by friends, a close female family member or the baby’s grandmother. It would be improper to impose on anyone so, it’s a great feeling when someone actually volunteers to take on the task of organizing such event.
- Set a date and time. A month before the expectant mother’s due date is usually the best time.
- Think of a theme. It doesn’t have to be lavish or over-the-top. It would establish a particular mood in the baby shower. Mine was English Tea Party.
- Draw up the invitation. With the onset of technology, invitations can be sent electronically, saving time and money. Since my husband is an artist, he was the one who designed the invitation.
- Who to invite? Traditionally, it’s a female-oriented event but over time, husbands have become more involved in baby showers. They can give a husband’s/father’s perspective on child care/ child rearing.
- Delegate tasks. Who’s in charge of the food (It can be potluck.), drinks, games and souvenirs. It should coincide with the theme.
- Set a gift registry. It would be easier for the guests to know what gifts to give.
- Sharing. There should be a moment of sharing between the expectant mother and other moms. The same goes with the expectant father and other fathers because that is the main essence of a baby shower.