I Got Back at My Boss.
Many of my former coworkers will tell you that I am a nice, friendly, hardworking guy. I just do my job and help out the other staff members when needed. However, my boss took my kindness for weakness and made my day a living hell every time I had to work with him.
Every time I worked with this manager, I had to endure constant stares, taunting, brushing up against me, and sexual comments which I had a hard time proving were sexual in nature. What made this worse was that other workers took his side.
Other people would have filed complaints with the corporate office, but complaining just never seemed to work for me. When I complained about this, I was just ignored by upper management.
I decided to try a different strategy. If he can make my life a misery and get away with it, I will do the same to him.* This is what I did.
- I snubbed him. When he said, "Hello" or "Good morning," I ignored him.
- I just took orders from him, but did not engage in any small talk.
- Since he has poor hygiene, I made sure to complain about his odor to all the staff members. When word got back to him that it was me, he could not do anything about it since it is true.
- I started telling everyone all the sexual related comments he made.
- I started getting bold. I would cause "accidents" when he was nearby. I would make sure he got the blame.
- Whenever he would walk in my direction, I made sure he moved out of the way. If he didn't, I would just bump into him. He knew I would never move out of his way, so he moved.
He kept complaining about me to the general manager, but they ignored him. This was because I made sure I was the hardest worker in my section.** He tried his best to not be scheduled with me.
I did this for a little over a year. When I had enough money saved up and I was tired of the job, I cursed him out in front of everyone and laughed about it. I lost the job a few days later. After I got the termination notice, I went to his girlfriend, who worked there also, and told her all the nasty things he said about her behind her back.
I am happy I got revenge.
*Before attempting this, I made sure I had enough money put away in case I got fired.
**I made sure to do my work and everyone else's work. So whenever he filed a grievance, my only punishment was "a slap on the wrist".
Image Credit » Photo was taken by me, Victor Serrao.