I Don't Like My Roommate.
Do you have a roommate who you can't stand living with? My roommate has certain bad habits that have been brought up to his attention by the landlord of this house, but he just doesn't seem to care. Here are some of my complaints against him.
1) He uses up the paper towels and dish washing liquid in the kitchen, but doesn't buy any for the household.
2) When he comes home from work, he heads straight to the bathroom while talking on the phone and stays in there for at least 45 minutes. (The house owner actually timed this.)
3) When he finishes using the bathroom, he leaves water all over the sink and floor.
4) He makes the most mess in the bathroom but never once cleaned it. I am not exaggerating when I say this. When the landlord complained to him about not cleaning, he says he has a busy schedule so he can't do it.
5) His room is very filthy and the landlord brought this up to his attention. He has layers of dust in his room and she told him that the dust makes her sneeze. Since he won't clean, she has had to do it. I told her to start charging him every time she has to clean his room.
The landlord wants to get rid of him, but she does not want the hassle of finding a new tenant for the house. Even if she told him to leave, it is illegal to kick out a tenant without thirty days notice.
I wish he would leave, but since the landlord is lenient with him, he has no reason to move out.
Image Credit » Photo was taken by me, Victor Serrao.